Saturday, June 2, 2012

Shot Ideas

Started doing these before we got on this whole character design thing. Decided to finish it off to test our new character design's "shorthand". Sky seems to be very identifiable with that reverse pineapple shape, but gen still seems very generic. She's working ok, could maybe be better, but I'll see if I can get it something more "iconic" so the short hand's easier to get.

Also! We already talked about this, but I think you should go ahead and try doing the screen play breakdown by yourself and even start beat boarding your scenes. Like you said, we're a two man team. We don't both have to be doing design at the same time. 

I think I kind of know where you want the characters to go and how you want the rocket ship designed. The only thing that's left really is the ballista, but you said make it look "homemade". Shouldn't be that hard to come up with something close to your taste (I hope).

Maybe try cutting all the boards we have together to see what we need and maybe even start thinking about how you may want to time this shit. This is all stuff you can go ahead on without me while I'm trying to figure out a way to make these guys a bit easier to animate, etc.

Also, just thought about something, if we're doing this in flash, we might want to start boarding in flash? I like boarding in photoshop more, but...feel like it's going to be frustrating having to redraw everything again in flash. We could also just do this thang in photoshop.

Flash has an easier timeline and when animating/timing, that shit's useful as fuuuuuck. Dunno man. Or go pupukachoo and do it in tvpaint, but I dont' have tvpaint, so that's not an option I guess...I dunno. 

D:

















1 comment:

  1. Cool good shit, the rocket ship don't need to redesign i like the one i did with the 3 trash cans. It doesn't look to generic and it kind of makes sense with the design seems possible. Yea ill break down the screen play and beat out the few scenes. The Ballista haven't thought about yet but ill figure something out the characters are looking cool. I think we can either give Sky or Gen an accessory maybe give gen a bow or something and Sky a hat or something could help with making their silhouette stronger. Im not sure how to board this in flash...can you do layers in flash?

    ReplyDelete